Chatham Park Elementary School-Home and School Association Monthly Meeting-October 4, 2023
1) Opening remarks from Dr. Whitehead
Spirit week off to a great start.
Thank you to volunteer lunch monitors
SD finalizing breakfast for students
Friends may not ride home with friends per transportation department
2) Membership ToolKit-Add contact information in Membership Toolkit to ensure you are keeping current on all HASA activities and important dates and reminders.
3) Recent Events:
Back-to-School Nights-Thank you to our Teachers for an informative night and a glimpse into our students day.
Mums Fundraiser- Thank you for all that purchased mums and supported our fundraiser. We raised over $1,500
Lunch and Recess Volunteer- Sign Up Genius is on HASA
Facebook and link is in the recent monthly HASA Newsletter.
4) Upcoming Events:
● Spirit Week- October 2nd through October 6th
● Bark-A-Palooza - Friday October 6th- Pep Rally on front lawn begins 2:20 PM- Parents Welcome
● Movie Night- Friday October 6th
● Boosterthon Fundraiser: Raising funds for Fitness and Movement Playground Equipment. This year's theme is World Changers. Each day the kids will learn about one of 5 actionable steps they can take to be a world changer.
○ Registration is Open
○ Kick Off October 6th
○ Fundraising Activities and Learning Events Week of October 9 to 13th
○ Main Event Fun Run Monday October 16th
● Spiritwear Sale:
○ October 20 thru November 3. Local Pick will be at the end of November, beginning of December.
● Pumpkin Decorating Contest- October 31st:
○ Ribbons and prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for each grade. Be on the lookout for details posted on HASA Facebook page and social media.
● Pancake Breakfast-Saturday December 2nd at Chatham Park: ○ Family Fun Pancake Breakfast
○ New this year-Kids Kastle Holiday Shop
● All volunteers must have all their clearances.
● Volunteers must check in at the front office.
6) Chatham Families Together: Update, 1st meeting on Monday, survey was sent out to get feedback from families
7) Open Discussion
Clubs-winter clubs coming up, survey to teachers
New sponsor: Gans Plumbing
Progress on the 501(c)3
Golden Apple to begin soon
Young Writer’s Day-explore options to see if this can happen